Search for the best appetizer to serve to your special guests could end up for you if you have an air fryer in your kitchen and this air fryer potato croquettes recipe in your hand.
Nothing could be more special than these cheese-loaded appetizers for your guests, especially when you have to focus on other cuisines for dinner as well. This will take about 40 minutes to make them.
Can You Make Frozen Croquettes in Your Air Fryer?
Yes, and it is the easiest way to make them. If you have some croquettes in your freezer, you have to transfer them to the air fryer’s bucket and let them cook for the required time. This will save a lot of preparation time as you don’t even have to thaw the croquettes. It’s a single-step process.
What are the Ingredients Required to Make Air Fryer Potato Croquettes?
If you are starting from zero point, you have to prepare everything for these croquettes. You need some potatoes, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, all-purpose flour, egg yolks, eggs, breadcrumbs, olive oil, minced herbs if you like any, and any other spices of your choice. Make sure that the potatoes you have chosen for this recipe are russet as they are best fitted due to no sweetness in their taste.
How to Make Croquettes From these Ingredients?
First of all, you have to boil and mash the potatoes. Add all the ingredients except eggs and bread crumbs and make dough from them. Then take some mixture and use your hands to give it the shape of croquettes. After that, you have to coat them with beaten eggs and breadcrumbs. They are now ready to cook.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Potato Croquettes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray Always serve them with some sauce such as ketchup or garlic sauce.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed Blue cheese sauce will also make a perfect pair with them.
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp chives minced
- pinch ground nutmeg
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 2 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Add potatoes in the pan of boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well and transfer into a large bowl.
- With a potato masher, mash the potatoes and set aside to cool completely.
- In the same bowl of mashed potatoes, add in the flour, Parmesan cheese, egg yolk, chives, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Make small equal-sized balls from the mixture.
- Now shape each ball into a cylinder shape.
- In a shallow dish, crack the eggs and beat well.
- In another dish, mix together the breadcrumbs and oil.
- Dip the croquettes in egg mixture and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the croquettes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7-8 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the croquettes from Air Fryer and serve.