Watching a cricket match or having a night in with your friends, you cannot rely just on your meals without having some snacks.
However, don’t worry, as this air fryer chicken nuggets recipe is here to solve this problem.
You cannot find someone who is non-veg and claims not to like nuggets. These crispy and internally soft snacks are the best fit for any snack party.
Why Should You Use Your Air Fryer to Make Nuggets Instead of Frying Them?
When you opt to fry your nuggets, you can end up with a lot of oil retained in them, which is not suitable for your health. Therefore, you should use your air fryer for making nuggets as it requires almost no oil. Moreover, it will also give you the perfect crispy outer layer and tenderness inside.
Can Frozen Nuggets also be Made in an Air Fryer?
Yes, and this is probably the easiest way to cook nuggets. You can buy frozen nuggets from any store or make them in excess at your home and then store them in your freezer. You don’t need to thaw them before cooking in an air fryer. Simply place them in the air fryer and give one or two extra minutes compared to freshly made nuggets.
How Are Chicken Nuggets from Scratch Different from Usual Nuggets?
Typically, the nuggets are made from minced chicken meat mixed with different spices and then coated with breadcrumbs. However, in the case of nuggets from scratch, you simply have to take a boneless cube of chicken breast and season it. Then dip it in eggs and breadcrumbs to make quick nuggets.
- If you want juicier inside, you can dip chicken pieces in pickle juice for 30 minutes and then dry them before coating them with breadcrumbs.
- Don’t add additional salt to your nuggets if you use the above tip.
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets (from scratch)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ sp paprika
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a shallow bowl whisk together the flour, salt and black pepper.
- In a second shallow bowl, beat together the oil and garlic.
- In a third shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley and paprika.
- Coat the chicken pieces with flour mixture, then dip into oil mixture and finally coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the nuggets into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 14-17 minutes.
- After 7 minutes of cooking, flip the nuggets once.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the nuggets from Air Fryer and serve.