Nutritious midweek meal meets a forever childhood favorite via air-fried crunchy chicken tenders! They are homemade adaptations of my favorite childhood meal, created with readily available ingredients and a far cry from the frozen ones.
Chicken tenders and chicken nuggets (I call them cousins) are the favorite snacks for children around 4-14, and to be honest, they were the pinnacle of culinary perfection for me when I was a kid (still are).
You must try these air fryer chicken tenders, made in an air fryer that eliminates the fat while retaining the delicious flavors.
What Can I Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
Mostly, I make the air fryer chicken tenders with zucchini tomato orzo and lemon wedges to squeeze. Also, these chicken tenders can be served with salads like Mediterranean Quinoa salad or Orzo and Broccoli salad. To make it easy, you can even make simple sweet potato fries or French fries in an air fryer and serve the chicken tenders with them.
Is It Possible To Make These Tenders Gluten-Free?
Yes, it is possible to make these air fryer chicken tenders gluten-free. Just cook them as usual while using brown rice flour or almond flour instead of Parmesan and Panko.
Is It Possible To Prepare This Appetizer In Advance?
Sure, why not. You can do the marination the night before for this chicken tender’s recipe. Use a covered bowl to store the chicken and put it in the fridge. At the same time, you can put the mixture in an airtight container until ready to use.
Is It Possible to Freeze the Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
Yes, you certainly can. When you have cooked the chicken tenders in the air fryer, let them cool completely. Once cool down, you can put them in the freezer in a ziplock bag. They will be good to eat for up to a month. When needed, it can be reheated in the air fryer.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 2 (6-ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce divided
- ½ tsp smoked paprika divided
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Non-stick cooking spray
- With a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast into ½-inch thickness.
- Then cut each chicken breast into tenders.
- In a large bowl, mix together buttermilk, ¾ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, ¼ teaspoon of paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Add in the chicken tenders and refrigerate overnight.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, remaining paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In a second shallow dish, place the remaining Worcestershire sauce and eggs and beat until well combined.
- In a third shallow dish, mix together the panko, Parmesan, and butter in a fourth bowl.
- Remove the chicken tenders from bowl and discard the buttermilk.
- Coat the chicken tenders with flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat with the panko mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken tenders into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 13-15 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken tenders once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken tenders from Air Fryer and serve.