What if we told you that you could create a Chocolate Meringue Cake without turning on your oven? With this simple air fryer recipe, you can make a fluffy meringue base without spending hours in the kitchen!
This is a chocolate meringue cake that I prepare in my air fryer; it’s excellent for a couple or a small family.
This air fryer chocolate meringue cake recipe will appeal to those who want to bake cakes from scratch for a more authentic cake flavor.
How Much Time Does Cake Take to Get Baked in the Air Fryer?
Place the cake pan in the preheated air fryer and bake for 35 minutes at 320°F. Check the cake for doneness by inserting a skewer or toothpick into the cake center. The cake is ready when a toothpick comes out clean.
In an Air Fryer, Can You Use a Regular Cake Tin?
You can use any mold or air-fryer-safe dish in the air fryer, whether glass, ceramic, metal, or silicone. Cupcakes, muffins, and mini gratins can be baked using paper or silicone cups or molds.
Is it Possible to Use Foil in My Air Fryer?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil in your air fryer as long as you do so safely while avoiding covering critical parts of the air fryer as it could result in uneven cooking or even damage. Make sure you use just enough to wrap the base of your air fryer basket or cover the food.
Pro Tips to Make This Cake Even More Delicious:
- Bake this air fryer chocolate meringue cake one day early and refrigerate it carefully covered in plastic wrap once it has cooled. This enhances the flavor of the cake.
- Ingredients that you use to make this cake (like milk and eggs) should be at room temperature.
More Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Blueberry Cobbler Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Air Fryer Chocolate Soufflé
Air Fryer Chocolate Meringue CakeThis extraordinary delicious cake will be a hit for chocolate lovers.
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ ounce caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3¾ tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ounce caster sugar
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- For cake: in a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
- For meringue: in a clean glass bowl, add all the ingredients and with an electric whisker, whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place ⅓ of the meringue into flour mixture and with a hand whisker, whisk well.
- Fold in the remaining meringue.
- Set the temperature of air fryer to 355 degrees F.
- Place the mixture into an ungreased chiffon pan.
- With a piece of foil, cover the pan tightly and poke some holes using a fork.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chiffon pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and immediately adjust the temperature to 320 °F for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes of cooking, remove the foil and adjust the temperature to 285 °F for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chiffon pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Now, invert the cake onto wire rack to completely cool before slicing.
- Cut the cake into desired-sized slices and serve.
NutritionCalories: 151kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 5gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 62mgPotassium: 112mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 153IUCalcium: 49mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂