I love to tell people that I am making SOUFFLE today!
This could be because souffle recipe comes from France. It gives the impression of being elegant and delightful to eat.
Well, Souffle can be made savory or sweet. Today we will make a dessert, and it is going to be yum yum yummy because this souffle will be chocolaty.
A warm chocolatey soufflé is always a hit!
What is Souffle?
A soufflé is an egg-based (baked) delicacy from the early eighteenth century in France. You can make a souffle as a savory main meal or sweetened dessert by combining it with other ingredients.
Savory soufflés are usually made with cheese and vegetables such spinach, carrots, and herbs and may also contain poultry, bacon, ham, or shellfish for a more substantial meal. Sweet soufflés are typically served with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a chocolate or fruit sauce. You can enjoy souffle on its own or with ice cream, fruit, or sauce.
Why Make an Air Fryer Chocolate Souffle?
Soufflés have a terrible reputation for being difficult to make but trust me when I say that this one is a breeze. You can even prepare them in advance.
Chocolate Soufflé in an air fryer is a perfect dessert to serve on every special occasion. They take no more than 10 minutes to bake in any case!
What Does Soufflé Taste Like?
It is really delectable. It is light and fluffy, with a mild egg flavor that complements whatever things you add to it.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Chocolate Soufflé
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 ounces semi sweet chocolate chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs egg yolks and whites separated
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Grease 2 ramekins with cooking spray and then sprinkle each with a pinch of sugar.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, and chocolate and microwave on high heat for about 2 minutes or until melted completely, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir the mixture until smooth.
- In another bowl, add the egg yolks and beat well.
- Add the sugar, and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- In a clean glass bowl, add the egg whites and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped egg whites in 3 portions into the chocolate mixture.
- Place mixture into the prepared ramekins evenly and with the back of a spoon, smooth the top surface.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 330 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the ramekins into the Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 14 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the ramekins from Air Fryer and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and serve warm.