Gingerbread Cookies are considered mandatory on Christmas. Gingerbread was very holy for Christians. They were allowed to make it on Christmas only. Hence, it is considered very sacred on Christmas Eve now.
Gingerbread Cookies are sweet, firm, salty, and buttery. They have a very unique and mouth-watering texture. Christian families, especially kids, love to eat gingerbread cookies. Their Christmas Eve is incomplete without gingerbread cookies.
You can make gingerbread cookies easily in an air fryer. Air Fryer takes significantly less time to bake these delicious cookies.
How Can I Shape Christmas Gingerbread Cookies?
Today, gingerbread cookies are not only cookies but decorative desserts as well. They increase the charm of the dining table. You can use different cookie cutter shapes for this purpose.
The most popular shapes for Christmas gingerbread cookies are stars, a Christmas tree, a man shape, and birds’ and animals’ shapes.
Cookie cutters are available in all these shapes. You can even decorate cookies with food coloring, sugar, royal icing, and food stamps.
How Do I Keep the Shape of Christmas Gingerbread Cookies Inside an Air Fryer?
You can maintain the shape of Christ gingerbread cookies inside an air fryer. However, you need to add more flour to them. Furthermore, keep the temperature and time as required. You can also bake gingerbread cookies after freezing them. Freeze them for one night to attain the perfect shape.
How to Preserve Christmas Gingerbread Cookies?
Gingerbread Cookies are a long-lasting dessert. You can even store these delicious cookies for one month. However, make sure that you keep them protected from moisture. Please place them in a jar that allows no air to pass through them. Close the lid tightly. Moreover, keep them in a dry place. Your cookies will remain fresh for one month easily. Remember, if exposed to an open-air environment, they will lose their texture and good taste.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 small egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- non stick cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In another bowl, add the butter and brown sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until well combined.
- Add the molasses and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until dough ball forms.
- with plastic wrap, cover the dough ball and refrigerate for 2-4 hours
- Remove the dough ball from the refrigerator and unwrap it.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into ¼-inch thickness.
- With your favorite cookie cutters, cut the dough into 12 equal-sized cookies.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange 6 cookies into the prepared Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8-9 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cookies from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls.