Are you bored of eating the same dishes at Christmas dinners and want to try something new? No worries! We have tried a delicious dish made out of pork. You will love to cook it for Christmas dinner.
Air Fryer Christmas Glazed Ham is famous for grand dinners and special occasions. This red-brownish ham is a bit sweet, juicy, and saucy. Its outside layer is flavorful, and the inside meaty texture is delicious and yummy.
You can save maximum time on Christmas Eve by using an air fryer. An air fryer will cook the glazed ham in less than an hour. You will be able to enjoy more time with your family and friends on this grand eve!
How Many Times Do I Need to Coat the Ham with Glaze?
It would be best if you coated the ham with hot glaze two times. First, coat the ham with glaze and heat it for 5 minutes inside an air fryer. Then: after 5 minutes of air frying, take out the ham and coat it again with the glaze. Now, please put it back in the air fryer and cook. You should coat it two times so that the ham gets more and more glaze. The content would soak the ham resulting in a flavorful taste. Hence, the ham would turn out very tasty.
How Can I Prepare Glaze for Coating Ham?
You need five ingredients to prepare glaze for coating ham. The ingredients are crushed pineapple with juices, brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, and grated ginger. Simmer all these ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat them on low flame for 2 minutes. Once simmering, take out the glaze. Now, you can coat your ham with this hot glaze.
Can I Reheat Christmas Glazed Ham in an Air Fryer?
You can warm up glazed ham in an Air Fryer. Heat it at low temperature for 2-3 minutes. It will be warm again.
More Pork Recipes
Air Fryer Christmas Glazed Ham
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple with juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 3 lb ham
- In a small saucepan, add the pineapple with juices, brown sugar, butter, soy sauce and ginger over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- With a knife, score the ham with shallow ½-inch crisscross cuts.
- Arrange the ham in the center of a large piece of foil.
- Pull and fold the sides of the foil up around the ham.
- Coat the ham with half of the hot glaze evenly.
- Seal the ham with foil.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the wrapped foil into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the foil from Air Fryer.
- Open the foil package and coat the ham with the remaining glaze.
- Again, seal the ham with foil.
- Again, arrange the wrapped foil into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 300 °F to preheat for 20 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the foil from Air Fryer and place onto a cutting board for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut the ham into desired-sized slices and serve.