Ditch the deep-fried wontons and start munching with my go-to Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons, which are incredibly crispy, flavorful, and only take half an hour to prepare and cook.
Creamy and silky on the inside, crispy golden on the outside, Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons are delicious. When your heart desires a delicious dessert, try these air-fried, creamy, and cheesy wontons; you will love them.
Few snacks are as flavorful and fulfilling in texture as these air-fried wontons. The combination of tangy cream cheese stuffing and crunchy wonton wrappers and the inevitable sweet and sour Raspberry Syrup results in a mouthwatering dessert.
What Type Of Filling Is Done In These Wontons?
Every crispy mouthful of this easy dessert is bursting with flavors! The yummiest cream cheese filling and the hint of vanilla and cherries are stuffed in these wontons. It only takes a few minutes to seal the filling within wonton wrappers, and you can even prepare it one day in advance.
The only oil used in this air fryer recipe is cooking spray, which produces a golden brown color and great crunch.
What Dipping Sauce Goes Best With These Wontons?
To balance out the savory flavor of this wonton, use sweet chili sauce or sweet and sour sauce. I enjoy a simple combination of black vinegar, sesame seeds, soy sauce, scallions, and if you’re ready for some heat, a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes if you’re looking for something more soy sauce-based.
What Is the Best Way to Fold These Wontons?
Wontons can be folded in several various ways. I attempted three alternative approaches to fold these wontons before settling on the one best way to do it.
Take the wonton wrappers, dampen their edges, and then push them together to seal them. Coin purse style is what I feel is the best way to fold them; bringing up all the 4 corners of the wonton wrapper and then sealing them. I adore how the edges turn a deep golden brown and crunchy.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 18 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For wrappers: in a bowl, add the sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Place a wonton wrapper onto a smooth surface.
- Place one tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- With wet fingers, fold wrappers around the filling and then pinch the edges to seal.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange half of the wontons into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the syrup: in a medium skillet, add water, sugar, cherries, and vanilla extract over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture into food processor and blend until smooth.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the wontons from Air Fryer and place onto a platter.
- Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Serve the wontons with the topping of cherry syrup.