Crispy chicken cutlets are a mainstay in an Italian-American home, but they’re usually fried in oil till golden brown. While they are excellent, I wanted to have these crispy chicken cutlets without the extra greasiness (no oil), that’s when I tried making them in my air fryer, and viola, they turned out to be perfectly cooked with juicy inside and crispier, golden outside.
This is a basic air-fried chicken cutlet recipe. Without the mess of regular frying, you may use these on sandwiches, in salads, or to fulfill recipes like chicken parmigiana.
Why to Air Fry?
The breading on these chicken cutlets crisps up and browns in the air fryer, without the mess or extra calories of deep-frying.
As the indirect heat in the air fryer cooks the meal, the meat stays much juicier and doesn’t dry out like it can in a skillet or the oven.
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
In less than 20 minutes, you can prepare restaurant-quality crispy fried chicken cutlets.
You can quickly make these crispy cutlets to toss on sandwiches or eat with salads, and even other breaded chicken dishes can benefit from them.
It’s fried chicken that’s good for you! The air fryer mimics the texture and flavor of pan-fried chicken cutlets without requiring the meat to be submerged in oil.
So, air-fried chicken cutlets have fewer calories and fat than deep-fried chicken cutlets.
How to Store the Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Cutlets?
Refrigerate the chicken cutlets after cooling them down at room temperature, in a small airtight container, or tightly covered in plastic wrap for 3 to 4 days.
Can I Freeze Them for a Longer Period?
Yes, you can. Let the chicken cutlets cool down, then place them on a baking sheet and freeze for a few minutes. When the cutlets are solidly frozen, use a plastic wrap and wrap them separately and then place them in a freezer-safe bag to store for 3 to 4 months.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Cutlets
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken cutlets (¼-inch thick)
- non stick cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, place the flour.
- In a second bowl, crack the eggs and beat well.
- In a third bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and black pepper.
- Coat the chicken with flour, then dip into beaten eggs and finally coat with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken cutlets into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer and spray the top with cooking spray.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, flip the chicken cutlets and spray with cooking spray.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken cutlets from Air Fryer and serve.