The BEST crunchy, juicy, and nutritious air fryer chicken breasts are here! This recipe for delicious fried chicken breasts only requires a few simple ingredients, and within 30 minutes, you can have a healthy and delicious weeknight dinner.
Crispy oats-crusted breaded chicken breasts are less challenging to make than you might imagine! Simply coat them in ground oats (yes, really!) and bake them in the oven or air fryer. Just like that, you can have one of my most tasty air fryer chicken recipes in a breeze.
Why Should You Try This Recipe?
If you’re sick of dry, bland chicken, prepare yourself for the juiciest, crispiest, and moistest chicken you’ve ever tasted! There’s no need to marinate this; it’s excellent on its own.
How about some healthy fried chicken? Unlike the typical fried chicken, air fryer chicken breast is cooked without oil and has the same crunch and lusciousness.
This recipe can easily be transformed into air-fried oats-crusted tenders, strips, or nuggets.
Is It Possible to Cook Frozen Chicken breasts In an Air Fryer?
Yes! It is possible, but you will have to give it additional cook time to account that it’s frozen. With the use of an instant-read thermometer, you must check that it is cooked to 165°F.
Is It Healthy to Eat Air Fried Chicken?
Yes! Compared to typical fried chicken, chicken fried in the air fryer is a healthier option. You can have a healthy, well-balanced dinner by using whole food ingredients and only a tiny amount of oil.
Pro Tips & Tricks:
The temperature of an air fryer can differ. Use this recipe’s cook time and temperature as a guideline and tweak it to fit your needs.
Air Fry food in a single layer in the air fryer basket to achieve consistent cooking and crispy results on both sides. To maximize crispiness, make sure to leave some space between each piece.
Be careful not to overcook! If you cook food in the air fryer for too long, it will dry up; therefore, it is better to use an instant meat thermometer.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Breasts
- 2 (6-ounce) chicken breasts
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ¾ cup oats
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 medium eggs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Place the chicken breasts onto a cutting board and with a meat mallet, flatten each into even thickness.
- Then, cut each breast in half.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- In a blender, add the oats, mustard powder ,parsley, salt and black pepper and pulse until a coarse breadcrumb-like mixture is formed.
- Transfer the oat mixture into a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, crack the eggs and beat well.
- Coat the chicken pieces with oats mixture and then, dip into beaten eggs and again, coat with the oats mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken pieces into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken pieces once halfway through.