If there is any authentic, flavorful shrimp recipe, it is this air fryer garlic butter shrimp recipe.
The garlic and butter combo in this recipe makes every juicy bite of shrimp exquisite.
This shrimp is delicious on its own or as a topping for a beloved pasta in our house.
- Should I Buy Fresh or Frozen Shrimp to Cook in an Air Fryer?
- How Long Should I Cook Shrimp in an Air Fryer?
- How Long Do Breaded Shrimp Take to Cook in The Air Fryer?
- Can I Cook Frozen Shrimp in an Air Fryer?
- Do I Need to Use Parchment Paper or Spray the Basket?
- More Dinner Recipes
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
Should I Buy Fresh or Frozen Shrimp to Cook in an Air Fryer?
If you’re debating whether to buy fresh or frozen shrimp, I’d say it’s a matter of personal preference. Fresh seafood is my preference, but it can be expensive and unavailable.
Therefore, you can buy frozen shrimp instead of fresh ones and cook them to perfection in an air fryer. In the freezer department of your local market, you can usually find good-quality frozen shrimp or fish.
How Long Should I Cook Shrimp in an Air Fryer?
Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place part of the shrimp in a single layer in the fryer basket, working in batches, and spray gently with extra cooking spray. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, flipping in between until the shrimp are golden brown and cooked through.
How Long Do Breaded Shrimp Take to Cook in The Air Fryer?
Oil spray the air fryer basket lightly. Arrange the shrimp in an air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes in the air fryer, or until the breading is golden brown and the shrimp are curled. Rep with the rest of the prawns.
Can I Cook Frozen Shrimp in an Air Fryer?
Yes. Just make sure they’re deveined and don’t contain any shells. Allow an extra 2-3 minutes of cooking time for frozen shrimp.
Do I Need to Use Parchment Paper or Spray the Basket?
I discovered that air fryer parchment paper works well if you like to use parchment paper to help with clean-up. Because the shrimp will be brushed with butter, they will cook without sticking in the basket.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ¾ lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, add lemon juice, butter, and spices.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the shrimp into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6-8 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the shrimp from Air Fryer and serve.