My mother states that I used to eat a lot of spinach when I was a kid. She thinks I got inspired by Popeye, the sailor man. That’s because I lost interest in spinach as soon as my passion for the cartoon vanished.
Since then, I have not touched spinach. But lately, I am again in love with my green veggie, all thanks to this air fryer garlicky spinach recipe that I got from a friend.
The air fryer garlicky spinach is a tasteful, healthy, and aromatic veggie side dish. With a flavor of garlic and butter, this spinach vegan side dish is everyone’s favorite.
Is Air Fryer Garlicky Spinach Healthy a Side Dish?
Oh, yes! Garlic and spinach, both the main ingredients of this recipe, are full of health benefits. Spinach is packed with vitamin K, fiber, iron, and calcium, while garlic is super jammed with antioxidants.
Is It Possible to Air Fry Spinach?
The air fryer is a great all-in-one kitchen appliance that can almost take the place of the microwave. You may use the air fryer for cooking many of your favorite microwave items, and it will do a terrific job.
A great example of this is Air Fryer Garlicky Spinach. You can make excellent garlicky buttered spinach by layering fresh spinach, butter, garlic, and seasoning in an air fryer cake pan.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach in This Recipe?
Fresh Spinach vs. Frozen Spinach – It’s ideal to use fresh spinach for this air fryer garlicky spinach recipe. You want the spinach to wilt in the butter to create that tremendous buttered spinach flavor.
The flavor of frozen spinach is less than fresh ones, and it retains a lot of water.
How Long Does It Take to Air Fry Spinach?
Air frying spinach takes only 9 minutes. That’s from the time you drop everything into the air fryer cake pan to the time you dip your fork in and eat it all.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Garlicky Spinach
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter chopped
- as required salt ground black pepper
- Lightly grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In the prepared baking pan, place the spinach and sprinkle with garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Place the butter pieces on top.
- After preheating, arrange the baking pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After 3 minutes of cooking, stir the spinach mixture well.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking pan from Air Fryer and serve.