These delectable herbed spinach rolls are a must-try! They’re the perfect finger appetizer to enjoy or pop into the lunchbox, with flaky, buttery roll stuffed with luscious spinach, Romano, and feta filling.
Try them right away in your air fryer! Just make a double batch because stopping at just one will be difficult!
This recipe of Herbed Spinach Rolls is flavorful, features TWO varieties of cheese, and is done in just 24 minutes.
Why Should You Try This Recipe?
You can’t go wrong with these Herbed Spinach Rolls for a vegetarian appetizer. The tiny spinach leaves, made with Ricotta and feta Cheeses, give them just the proper sauciness. You’ll also enjoy:
- Adaptable: These rolls can be made into bite-sized portions or larger rolls if desired. Please keep in mind that the cooking time will need to be increased.
- Feed a crowd: You can easily double the recipe if you like.
- Freezer-Friendly: Freeze the rolls for three months before or after baking.
- Lunchbox-Friendly: Kids will adore these Herbed Spinach Rolls in their lunchboxes; they may be served warm or chilled.
Tips to Make the Best Air Fryer Herbed Spinach Rolls:
- If desired, these rolls can be sprinkled with poppy or sesame seeds.
- Keep in a sealed storage box in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- These rolls can be frozen in a freezer bag for as long as 3 months.
- These Rolls are excellent, but tomato relish will taste best with them.
Is It Possible to Double This Recipe?
Yes, it is possible. Adjust the cooking time appropriately if you’re making smaller or bigger rolls than the recipe calls for.
Can You Use Frozen Spinach?
You may use frozen spinach; make sure it’s thawed and pat dry to remove excess moisture.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Herbed Spinach Rolls
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen spinach thawed
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup Romano cheese grated
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 package frozen filo dough thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except for filo dough and oil and pulse until smooth.
- Place 1filo sheet on the cutting board and cut into three rectangular strips.
- Brush each strip with the oil.
- Add about1 teaspoon of spinach mixture along with the short side of a strip.
- Roll the dough to secure the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining filo sheets and spinach mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the rolls into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 4 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the rolls from Air Fryer and serve warm.