Have you ever eaten onion rings as appetizers? Definitely, your answer will be yes, as these are some of the most common appetizers.
However, another appetizer reminds you of onion rings due to their shape, but in actuality, they are classic seafood squids.
With this air fryer calamari recipe in your hand, you can make these delicious rings out of squids within a short duration.
Why Should You Use an Air Fryer to Make this Calamari?
It might seem easier to make calamari by frying them in a pan. However, almost all of you know how sticky the squids are. It becomes difficult to handle them in a pan. Moreover, the outer coat of several spices and bread crumbs will not remain on the rings and flow away in oil. All this could be solved with the help of an air fryer.
How to Cut Squid for Making This Delicious Air Fryer Calamari?
If you buy calamari tubes only from a general store, it is straightforward to cut them. You have to cut the rings out of this tube and make calamari. However, if you have entire squids, you first clean them and cut their tentacles off. Their tentacles are also edible but are of no use in this recipe.
How to Coat the Calamari to Make this delicious Appetizer?
First of all, you have to soak your calamari rings in the club soda for at least 10 minutes. Then you have to coat them well using salt, pepper, chili flakes, and any other ingredients. Make sure that an even coat has been spread over them. You can also dip them in beaten eggs followed by a coat of bread crumbs to introduce a crispier outside.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Calamari
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ lb calamari tubes
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tbsp red pepper flakes crushed
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Wash calamari and cut into ¼-inch rings.
- Transfer the calamari into a bowl and cover with club soda.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, add flour, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Drain the club soda from calamari.
- With the paper towels, pat dry the calamari rings.
- Coat the calamari rings with flour mixture evenly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 375 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the calamari rings into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 13 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket occasionally.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the calamari rings from Air Fryer and serve.