Do you want to expand your dessert recipes collection with a new, surefire recipe? Here we are with another foolproof and easy-to-make dessert, that is, Honey Glazed Pears baked in the air fryer.
At first, making honey-glazed pears in the air fryer may seem unusual, but after trying them, I’m confident you’ll be hooked! They are perfect for Christmas family feasts or ideal dessert for a hot summer gathering.
Why Honey Glazed Pears in an Air Fryer Rather Than in an Oven?
Pears glazed with honey and baked in the air fryer are a healthier substitute for oven-roasted pears. These pears have a crunchy texture and the same mouthwatering sweet flavor as conventionally cooked, but without the additional calories.
The sugar caramelizes a little in the air fryer, which offers the pears a lovely, glossy sheen while creating a lovely golden-brown caramel sauce in the pan for dishing. They taste as wonderful as oven-baked pears, but they’re done in half the time.
Which Pears Are Best for This Recipe?
You can get whichever fresh pears, pear slices, or halves of the pears; however, you should select the type of pear wisely for this recipe. You can find Bosc pears delicious, and these types of pears already have a slight indication of nutmeg as well as cinnamon in their taste.
Also, Barlett pears are a good option as their taste is delightful, and they are not difficult to peel. The Anjou is yet another good option for this recipe. These pears are deliciously tasty and can usually be found throughout the year. Just remember, the most delicate pears for making this dessert are the ones that are firm but not overly complex in texture. To hold up when baked, they need to be sweet and ripe but not excessively so.
How Should You Cut the Pears?
However, it might be challenging to cut them uniformly without producing a mess when chopping up a pear. Use a paring knife to cut a pear lengthwise perfectly. Next, using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out the pear’s center.
How Can You Store & Reheat It?
You can quickly refrigerate any leftovers of these honey-glazed pears in an airtight jar for up to 3 days. They can be reheated in the air fryer by placing them in a bit of baking dish, and air fry them for around 3-4 minutes at 320 Degree F or until warm.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Honey Glazed Pears
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 medium pears halved and cored
- 1 tbsp ganulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted nd divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, blend together sugar and cinnamon.
- Place 1tablespoon of butter in the cavity of each pear half and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pear halves into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, baste the pears with butter twice.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pear halves from Air Fryer and place onto a platter.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.