No one can deny having a delicious dessert like apple pie on any occasion.
This perfect mixture of crispy outside crust and juicy inside materials is a treat to eat.
However, if you are afraid of making it due to the hard work and care it requires, then it’s time to try this air fryer apple pie recipe.
You can make it by using your air fryer with minimal effort.
- What is the Reason to Use an Air Fryer for Baking Apple Pie Instead of an Oven?
- Is It Necessary to Thaw the Pie Crust, or You Can Use It Frozen to Make Apple Pie in an Air Fryer?
- How to get the Apple Pie Ready for Baking in an Air Fryer?
- How to Serve the Apple Pie?
- Air Fryer Apple Pie
- More dessert recipes
What is the Reason to Use an Air Fryer for Baking Apple Pie Instead of an Oven?
Traditionally the oven was used for baking an apple pie. However, you can get even better results when you do the same thing using your air fryer. The pie will bake perfectly as you will have a crispy outer crust and juicy but stable inside material. While in the oven, you can end up with a burned crust or undercooked from the lower side.
Is It Necessary to Thaw the Pie Crust, or You Can Use It Frozen to Make Apple Pie in an Air Fryer?
It is mandatory to thaw the frozen pie crust as you cannot make a pie using frozen crust. You cannot cut and shape the crusts accordingly. Moreover, you have to pack the other ingredients between two layers of crust, and this will be an impossible task if you are using frozen crust.
How to get the Apple Pie Ready for Baking in an Air Fryer?
Cut a circular shape of pie crust and place them in the pie pan. Now add the mixture of peeled and cut apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and vanilla extract on it and cover it with another piece of crust. Fold the lower crust, and this pie is ready to get into the air fryer.
How to Serve the Apple Pie?
You can serve it with ice cream or whipped cream topping. A custard will also go well with it.
Air Fryer Apple Pie
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 frozen pie crust thawed
- 1 large apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- Grease a pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- With a smaller baking tin, cut 1 crust from thawed pie crust about ⅛-inch larger than the pie pan.
- Now cut the second crust from the pie crust a little smaller than the first one.
- Arrange the large crust in the bottom of the prepared pie pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the apple, 2 tablespoons of sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Place apple mixture over the bottom crust evenly.
- Place the chopped butter over apple mixture.
- Arrange the second crust on top and pinch the edges to seal.
- Carefully cut 3-4 slits in the top crust.
- Spread the beaten egg evenly over the top crust and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 320 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pie pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 30 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pie pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.