Impossible Burgers are, as my kids say, magical burgers.
Although they are beef-free, they give you the full-blown beef burger feeling.
Our recipe for impossible burgers in the air fryer is straightforward. These air-fried impossible burgers are incredibly flavorful and simple to make.
So, let’s get you started.
What Do You Mean by Impossible Meat?
It’s not actual meat; it’s a plant-based, vegetarian alternative for protein. It is prepared from proteins, flavors, fats, and binders.
The protein in impossible meat comes from soy and potatoes. Flavor comes from heme—fat from sunflower and coconut oils. The binder is added to impossible meat to hold it together. We can easily make meatballs, burger patties, and other things.
Can Frozen Impossible Burger Patties Be Air Fried?
Yes, you most certainly can! Pre-formed patties are readily available for Impossible Burgers. They’re commonly sold frozen in two, six, or eight packages.
How to Know If My Impossible Burger Is Fully Cooked?
When the interior temperature of an Impossible Burger reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, it is fully cooked. If you don’t have a thermometer, the tried-and-true “touch test” will do, and you may also use color to determine the desired doneness of the meat.
Suggestions to Cook Perfect Impossible Burger Patties in an Air Fryer:
The frozen Impossible burger patties do not need to be thawed. They can be air-fried right from the freezer.
Before air frying, season with a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. These plant-based patties are going to be incredibly tasty!
Burgers with cheese:
If you’re adding cheese, push it into the cooked patty, so it adheres to it. During air frying, this prevents the cheese from flying off the patty. Then, for about 1 minute, air fry until the cheese has melted. It’s possible that vegan cheese will not melt as dairy-based cheese will.
Air Fryer Impossible Burger
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 beyond burgers
- 2 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 small onion cut into rings
- 1 tomato sliced
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Spray each burger patty with cooking spray evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the patties twice.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the patties from Air Fryer and place the patties onto a plate.
- Place one lettuce leaf over the bottom half of each bun, followed by one patty.
- Top with onion, tomato and remaining lettuce leaves.
- Cover each with bun top and serve.