The American Heart Association advises that we eat at least two servings of fish every week, and swordfish is one of the healthiest choices.
Air fryer swordfish recipe is our attempt to tell you how easy it is to cook and include swordfish in our weekly diet.
Is Swordfish A Nutritious Fish to Consume?
Swordfish is high in selenium, a mineral with cancer-fighting and heart-health advantages. It’s high in protein and contains niacin, vitamin B12, zinc, and Omega-3 fatty acids. The best part is that it is minimal in fat and calories.
How to Know If My Swordfish is Fully Cooked?
You can easily pierce a fork, and the fish will become opaque. If you overcook it, it will dry out and become harsh. 145 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal internal temperature for grilled swordfish steaks.
What’s A Good Side Dish with Swordfish Steaks?
Light, fresh vegetables like mushroom, grilled veggie skewers with bell pepper, summer squash, and eggplant slices are recommended for summer.
A mild, fruit-based salsa — the subtle tang goes well with the meatiness of the swordfish — or a fresh salad with a lemon vinaigrette are also good options.
What is the 10-Minute Rule of Cooking Fish?
The 10-Minute Rule, often known as the Canadian Cooking Method, states that we should cook the fish for 10 minutes each inch of thickness. Then, halfway through, flip the fish only once. Start by measuring the thickest section of the fish using a clean ruler, whether you’re following a recipe or not.
What Toppings Go Best with Swordfish?
With this white fish, I enjoy experimenting with different toppings and marinades. These are my personal favorites:
Mango Citrus Salsa
Air Fryer Swordfish
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray Defrost the swordfish before marinating and cooking.
- 4 (4-ounce) swordfish steaks Spray the air fryer basket to keep it from sticking.
- 1 tsp salt Flip the swordfish steak halfway through cooking.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper You may easily double the recipe to feed more people.
- Season each fish steak with salt and black pepper generously.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the fish steaks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the fish steaks once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the fish steaks from Air Fryer and serve hot.
More Easy Recipes