My family is always at a crossroads when deciding on chicken kabobs or beef kabobs. But as being in charge of the kitchen, I mostly go for chicken as it saves time.
And to cook the meal without making too much mess, I plug in my air fryer.
My air fryer kabobs are to die for! They are non-oily, thoroughly fried, perfectly charred.
Why Should you Make Air Fryer Kabobs?
Air frying eliminates up to 80% of the fat found in regular frying, making it a considerably healthier option. The majority of deep-fried recipes call for 2 to 3 cups of oil. Only a tablespoon of oil is required in the air fryer. You will feel less weighed down after eating air-fried meals because they are so much lighter.
Is It Possible to Cook Kabobs in An Air Fryer?
Definitely, making beef or chicken kabobs in an air fryer is possible. Brush a light coating of BBQ sauce over each skewer in the air fryer basket or on the tray, then season to taste with salt & pepper. I cook the kabobs for 6 minutes on each side at 400 degrees F for steak and chicken for 5 minutes on each side at 380 degrees F.
What’s the Best Way to Store Kabobs?
Keep the leftover kabobs refrigerated for optimal results. Allow cooling completely before removing the meats and vegetables from the wooden skewers. They’ll stay safe in the fridge for two to three days.
Is It Necessary for Me to Soak the Skewers?
Yes, you should soak wooden skewers in water for at least 10 minutes before using them. This will prevent them from burning.
Can I Use Metal Skewers in My Air Fryer?
Well, you can use both. But for this recipe, I have used wooden ones. To be safe, ask the manufacturer of your particular air fryer for their advice.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Shredded Chicken
Air Fryer Kabobs
- 2 scallions chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- pinch ground black pepper
- ½ lb chicken tenders cubed
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large baking dish, mix together the scallion, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice, soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds, and black pepper.
- Thread chicken tenders onto the pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- Add the skewers into the baking dish and coat with marinade evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken skewers into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5-7 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken skewers from Air Fryer and serve.