While the natural lava looks horrific to view, the lava oozing from a cake looks mouth-watering and appealing to the eye.
So, here I am with an air fryer lava cake recipe that will make your heart melt with delight.
Yes, the air fryer can bake a lava cake for us if you are wondering. After all, the air fryer is a versatile kitchen gadget that can cook, reheat, and bake food in minutes and without asking for tremendous efforts.
You can make this lava cake in less than 30 minutes. The key to a delicious molten lava cake is to underbake it to keep the center molten. However, even if you overbake it, it will still be delicious.
What is a Lava Cake?
Warm individual-size chocolate cakes with pouring chocolate centers are called lava cakes, sometimes called molten chocolate cakes. Most chocolate cake batter recipes call for undercooking the batter so that the outside is firm like cake, but the center is the raw batter that oozes out like lava when cut into.
Are Lava Cake and Fondant Same Thing?
No. A fondant is different from a lava cake. Chocolate fondants require less flour but more chocolate and butter. On the other hand, Lava cakes, also known as molten chocolate cakes, combine the most significant aspects of a chocolate cake and a soufflé.
Are Lava Cake and Soufflé Same Thing?
No, a lava cake has a runny, chocolaty liquid middle, but a soufflé is baked through and through. This does not imply that soufflés have the same consistency as a cake. A soufflé is significantly moist in the center than a slice of regular cake.
How Long Does It Take to Bake A Cake in an Air Fryer?
It depends on the type of cake you are baking in an air fryer. But for a usual cake, it will take 18 to 19 minutes to bake at a low temperature. Check it with a toothpick once the timer has gone off.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Lava Cake
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Grease4 ramekins with cooking spray and then dust each with a little flour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and butter and microwave on high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from microwave and stir the mixture well.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks and confectioners’ sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour and gently stir to combine.
- Place mixture into the prepared ramekins evenly.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 375 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the ramekins into the Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10-12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the ramekins from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the sides of each ramekin several times to loosen the cake.
- Invert each cake onto plates and serve with the dusting of powdered sugar.