Looking for something unique and innovative to serve your buddy for dinner?
Don’t worry, as this delicious air fryer meatloaf recipe is here to rescue your day!
This worldwide famous meatloaf will be a great addition to your dining table. The perfectly cut slices of this meatloaf will stimulate the salivary glands in your mouth to fill your mouth with water.
What Are the Ingredients to Make this Delicious Meatloaf in an Air Fryer?
First of all, you need beef, finely grounded, and fully lean. Then you have to need some spices like salt, black pepper powder, onion, and garlic powder to season the meat. You can also use some dried herbs such as parsley or rosemary. Perfectly sliced mushrooms and some breadcrumbs are also required to make this load. These breadcrumbs help keep the meat held together in this loaf and don’t let it break.
What Are the Reasons to Prefer an Air Fryer Over an Oven to Make This Meatloaf?
It takes almost half of the time to cook it in an air fryer compared to an oven. Moreover, the air fryer will drain off almost all the fat in the meat. You don’t have to engulf it to damage your health. It will also perfectly cook the meatloaf without breaking it and maintaining the texture. You can place two more miniature meatloaves in the air fryer’s basket, which will be easy to handle. And last but not least, this preference is that it will not create any mess and you have to clean the basket only.
What are the Best Ways to Serve this Air Fryer Meatloaf?
Once your meatloaves get ready, take them out of the air fryer and sprinkle some parsley or coriander leaves over them. Then cut into slices and served with a side dish that could be nothing but mashed potatoes.
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 3 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 2 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the beef, onion, thyme, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and black pepper and with your hands, mix until well combined.
- Place the beef mixture into the prepared loaf pan and with the back of spoon, smooth the top surface.
- Arrange the mushroom slices on top and gently press each inside the meatloaf.
- Coat the meatloaf with oil.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 392 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the loaf pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 25 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the loaf pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into desired-sized wedges and serve.
More Dinner Recipes