Who knew pecan pie could be made in an air fryer? Right!
Well, here is a piece of great news, you certainly can make it in your air fryer and even quicker, effortlessly and deliciously, by mixing the corn syrup, chopped pecans, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs into the pie dough.
In just 35 minutes, you will be ready to eat it! YAY! Even you can make it ahead of time and store this pie in the freezer or refrigerator to be used later.
There’s something exquisite about biting into a buttery crust with a crispy pecan filling.
If You Can Substitute Brown Sugar with White Sugar?
Absolutely, you can easily use white sugar or dark corn syrup to make this delicious dessert. However, I would suggest you use brown sugar, one of my favorite ingredients in this recipe, as it adds a layer of taste. Due to its different taste, I like to call it “country caramel.”
If You Can Buy a Pie Crust from the Store?
Definitely, you can. I even enjoy making my sweet dishes easier and quicker. So, as this pecan pie recipe only requires a single layer of crust, frozen pie crusts would suffice.
Is Light Corn Syrup Better or Dark One for this Pecan Pie?
If you want a slight vanilla flavor, go for light; otherwise, use dark corn syrup to get a more concentrated essence in your pie. So, depending totally on your taste buds, you can use either one of them.
What Indication Is There to Know the Pecan Pie Is Ready?
Honestly speaking, it is often a bit tough to tell when a pecan pie is ready. You can find it ready when the crust’s top is hard, but the center is slightly jiggling (this clue is a good one to know that the pie is done baking). As it cools, it will harden.
What Can You Serve with the Pecan Pie?
Well! I mostly like to eat it plain, and you may also serve it alone. However, adding whipped cream or topping it with vanilla ice cream will also give you a mouthwatering taste.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Pecan Pie
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 frozen pie crust thawed
- Grease a pie dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugars and butter and mix well.
- Add the eggs and beat until foamy.
- Add the flour, milk, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the pecan halves.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the crust in the bottom of the prepared pie dish.
- Place the pecan mixture over the crust evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the pie dish into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 22 minutes.
- After 22 minutes of cooking, adjust the temperature to 185 °F for 13 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pie dish from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.