Are you tired of your efforts of making potato chips just like your famous favorite chips’ brands like Lays, Raffles, or Pringles?
Then it’s time to try this air fryer potato chips recipe and enjoy the success.
The main issue you have to face is crispiness; you can get it with perfection, with all the flavors fully merged in the chips with this recipe.
What Treatment Should be Given to Potatoes to Make Perfect Air Fryer Potato Chips?
Take medium-sized potatoes and cut thin chips slices out of them. Then soak them in a bowl of water for at least thirty minutes. Make sure to change the water after the first 15 minutes. After that, get them out, pat dry using a paper towel, and spread under a fan to get them fully dry. Then take them in a bowl and coat them with olive oil and spices.
How to Introduce Exciting Flavours in Air Fryer Potato Chips?
You can use different spices according to the flavor you are willing to have in your chips. You only need to coat them with olive oil and salt for a classic taste. You can add red chili powder or chili flakes for some hot chips. Similarly, adding rosemary, parsley or mint will give you a rich flavor of herbs.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Potato Chips
- 2 small russet potatoes, thinly sliced Don’t forget to dry your potatoes after soaking them in water thoroughly. Otherwise, you can never make crispier potato chips.
- 1 tbsp olive oil Try to keep the size of the chips similar so that they all cook correctly in the time set by you. If you are not well experienced at cutting, use a cutter instead of a knife to get the perfect chips.
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped Don’t overcrowd the air fryer's basket as it will not let your chips cook correctly from all sides.
- ¼ tsp salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl of water, soak the potato slices for about 30 minutes, changing the water once halfway through.
- Drain the potato slices well and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix together the potato slices, olive oil, rosemary, and salt.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the potato chips into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 30 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the potato chips from Air Fryer and serve.