My favorite light and straightforward appetizer is an air-fried prawn burger. Even their burger patty tastes delicious in a salad, wrap, or by themselves. Crispy and convenient are two words that come to mind when air frying.
These prawn burger patties are a hit with my family. You may make the prawn burger patties along with slaw dressing ahead of time. Make the coleslaw, air fry the prawn patties, assemble and enjoy serving when ready.
Is It Essential to Have Toppings on Air Fryer Prawn Burgers?
These air fryer prawn burgers are a total game changer! Toppings are unnecessary because each bite is packed with delectable morsels of delicate shrimp and subtle flavors of onion, ginger, garlic, and spices.
Why Use Air Fryer to Make Prawn Burgers?
Not only does the air fryer cook your food swiftly, but the results are fantastic — golden and crunchy fries, juicy and succulent chicken wings with a crunchy crust, and our prawn patties are no exception. Every bite is crunchy with a juicy, tender center and flawlessly golden breadcrumb crust.
What are Some Pro Tips to Make Air Fryer Prawn Burgers?
Uncooked prawns: Do not attempt to make the patties using cooked prawns; the prawns must be raw for the mixture to bond together.
Keep the prawns’ size small: Don’t overdo it with the patties. Keeping the prawns more minor will keep them bound while cooking and guarantee that they are fully cooked.
Chill them (or freeze them): Once you have cooked the prawn patties, it is good to chill them for an hour or freeze them for 15 minutes if you’re in a hurry. This will help them to firm up and aid in holding the patty together while it cooks.
Warm Burger Buns: Warm your burger buns in the air fryer. Warm, crispy buns are delicious!
What are Some Ideas to Eat These Air Fryer Prawn Burgers?
- Put your desired toppings of the burgers flanked by two lettuce leaves or a roll to enjoy these prawn burgers.
- Serve hot tossed on a green salad.
- Cut into smaller bite-size pieces and covered with aioli for finger food.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer Frozen Pretzels
Air Fryer Prawn BurgersOne of the delicious recipes of prawn burgers with a flavorsome spicy touch…
- ½ cup prawns peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbsp onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, mix together the prawns, breadcrumbs, onion, ginger, garlic, and spices.
- Make small-sized patties from the mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5-6 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the patties from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 167kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 16gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 278mgPotassium: 254mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 155IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 2mgTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!