Simply a second ago, as you thought you knew all, there was to know about air fryers, boom! You’re taken aback yet again!
Yes! In addition to flawlessly cooked vegetables or meats, a delicious pumpkin pie can also be baked using the air fryer.
You may find it strange but believe me when I say that the consistency is always excellent and decadent.
Why Use Air Fryer for Making Pumpkin Pie?
Since air fryers are the current eminent small appliance, baking this pumpkin pie in it is different and distinct. It’s a terrific method for freeing up room in the oven for other oversized items like Turkey on Thanksgiving. Lately, the possibilities with this small kitchen appliance are unlimited.
If the climate around you is hot, baking a pumpkin pie in an air fryer will assist you in keeping your house cool as opposed to the oven.
Pumpkin pie made in an air fryer is a delicious fall dessert. Your family and friends will adore this quick and hassle-free recipe as it is easy to make and full of pumpkin spice flavor.
How to Check If Pumpkin Pie Is Ready or Not?
The best and most reliable method to check if your pie is done is simply through the classic knife test. Just place a knife near the pumpkin pie’s center. It is ready when the knife comes out spotless. However, this test has only one drawback: the crack it leaves in the filling when you insert the knife.
Is It Possible to Cook a Frozen Pie Using Air Fryer?
Yes! You can also use an air fryer for baking frozen pumpkin pie. Allow 1-2 frozen pot pies to air fry for about 15 minutes in the basket. After that, for 6 minutes, raise the temperature to 380 degrees F and once you know it is done, leave it in the closed air fryer for about 5 minutes to keep the middle warm.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie
- 1 single pie crust
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Roll the pie the crust and arrange into a pie plate.
- After preheating, arrange the pie plate into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling: in a bowl, add the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar and spices and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream and evaporated milk and mix until smooth and creamy.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pie plate from Air Fryer and set aside for about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully pour the filling mixture into the cooked pie crust.
- Arrange the pie plate into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 350 °F for 25-30 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pie plate from Air Fryer and set aside for about 1-2 hours.
- Cool the pies at room temperature for an hour, maximum 2 hours.
- Then refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours before serving.