Starting in 1854 in a small hotel in Boston, dinner rolls are now one of the famous cuisines for dinner.
However, perfectly cooking them with the soft and buttery interior texture can create hurdles for many expert chefs as well.
However, you can make them within half an hour with this updated air fryer dinner rolls recipe.
What are the Ingredients to Make Air Fryer Dinner Rolls?
You required just some essential ingredients to cook them in an air fryer. Coconut oil, olive oil, plain flour, unsalted butter, and yeast are these ingredients. However, if you want to make them flavored, adding a little bit of ginger or garlic powder will give them a sharp and perfect flavor. You can also use black seeds and season seeds to sprinkle over them. Using egg wash to coat them will give a popping and crunchy outer look.
How to Knead the Dough for Making Dinner Rolls in an Air Fryer?
Take milk, coconut, and olive oil in a pan and cook for a few minutes. Then add all the remaining ingredients in a big bowl and this milk mixture and mix them well using your hands until dough is formed from them. Then knead it on some floured surface for a few minutes and put it in a bowl. After some time again, knead it and let the yeast do its work by keeping it in a warm place.
How to Arrange Dinner Rolls in an Air Fryer’s Basket?
Make medium-sized balls out of the dough and arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer’s basket. Then use a brush to coat them evenly with egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds or black seeds over it.
Air Fryer Rolls (Dinner Rolls)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- 3 ¾ tbsp unsalted butter
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tsp yeast
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a pan, add the milk, coconut oil, and olive oil over medium heat and cook until lukewarm.
- Remove from the heat and stir well.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, butter, yeast, salt, black pepper, and milk mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- With your hands, knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes
- With a damp cloth, cover the dough and set aside in a warm place for about 5 minutes.
- Again, with your hands, knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes
- With a damp cloth, cover the dough and set aside in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal-sized pieces and shape each into a ball.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the rolls into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the rolls from Air Fryer and serve.
More Side Dish Recipes