If your main cuisine is meat, it is better to partner it with a vegetable dish. Each will substitute for the other where one is lacking.
Air fryer mushrooms is one of such side dishes that goes well with anything meaty. It is flavorful and easy to make, a healthy side dish.
Some fresh mushrooms, a few seasonings, and an air fryer are enough to make this hearty side meal.
Which Mushrooms Are Good to Be Cooked in an Air Fryer?
We have a few favorites when it comes to air frying. Here’s a list of some of our favorite kinds of mushrooms:
- White Button Mushrooms
- Shitake Mushrooms
- Mini Bella Or Small Brown Mushrooms
- Oyster Mushrooms
- Portabella Mushrooms
How Long Should Breaded Mushrooms Be Cooked in The Air fryer?
Cook the breaded mushrooms for a total of 8-11 minutes. They will turn golden brown, crispy on the exterior and soft on the inside. To rotate the mushrooms, gently shake the basket halfway during the cooking time. This batch of battered mushrooms is ready to enjoy!
How to Store These Air Fryer Mushrooms?
They taste the most OK right after they’ve been cooked in the air fryer. If you have any leftover mushrooms, store them in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to two days.
What Should I Serve with Mushrooms?
Mushrooms are a fantastic addition to practically any meal. They’re also great in a pasta dish or on top of a steak, such as Air Fryer Ribeye or Air Fryer Filet Mignon. Add a handful of these sautéed mushrooms to Air Fryer Mashed Potatoes as well.
Is It Necessary to Cook the Mushrooms in Oil?
I use melted butter to make mushrooms in an air fryer. You may use 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to create them. Both are suitable for this recipe. The difference between the two is simply a few calories.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except for parsley and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the mushrooms into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5-7 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the mushrooms from Air Fryer and serve with the garnishing of parsley.