Love eating scallops and spinach? Let’s cook them together in the air fryer with this simple to prepare, delicious, and one of the healthiest recipes for your dinner menu!
When you combine spinach and scallops, you’ll get a beautiful dish that can transform an ordinary dinner into something special in just 25 minutes. You might decide that cooking scallops in an air fryer are the only way to make them after trying them.
What is it about these air-fried scallops with spinach that make them so great?
Keto-Friendly: There are no added sugars or additional non-keto substances.
Low in Carbohydrates: This recipe calls for low-carbs (approximately 6 carbs/serving).
Full of Proteins: Each serving contains significant proteins (approximately 9 grams/serving).
Quick-to-Make: This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to complete, including the time-to-prep.
Simple: A simple air fryer recipe that requires only pouring and cooking.
Is It Possible to Cook Frozen Scallops in an Air Fryer?
Scallops that have been frozen before can be used. You will, however, need to thaw them before cooking. Otherwise, the outside of the scallops would cook much faster than the center, resulting in the undercooked scallops.
Allow them to immerse in hot water for around 15 to 20 minutes to thaw them completely.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach in this Recipe?
Yes, you can use packaged frozen spinach (as used in this recipe), but you need to completely thaw it and then drain it before making air fryer scallops with spinach.
Is It Essential to Rinse the Scallops Before Cooking Them?
I usually rinse scallops under cold running water before cooking them. There’s no need to soak them or perform any further prep work before cooking the scallops (except when you have to defrost frozen scallops).
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Scallops with Spinach
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 8 jumbo sea scallops
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bottom of the prepared baking dish, place the spinach.
- Spray each scallop with cooking spray evenly and then sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper.
- Arrange scallops on top of the spinach in a single layer.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking dish into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking dish from Air Fryer and serve.