A perfectly roasted fish waiting for you at the dining table is a dream of almost every person except those who are allergic to fish meat or don’t eat them at all.
However, the genuine hurdle is to cook this complex dinner cuisine. But with this air fryer seasoned catfish recipe, you will be able to make a perfectly seasoned fish for your dinner.
And the best thing is that you can get all the exciting flavors and a lovely dinner with minimal effort.
How to Cut Catfish Fillets of Catfish?
First of all, you have to take your catfish and wash it with water to lower its smell. Then pat dry it and start cutting them. Firstly, you have to remove all the nonedible material of fish and then cut it into two equal slices. After that, you have to remove the tails and heads of every fish and cut them into perfectly shaped long slices just like fillets. Make sure to remove the skins and pin bones present in them.
How to Season the Fish for Making This Air Fryer Seasoned Catfish?
After cutting the fillets, you have to rewash them to remove the fishy smell and not disturb the flavors. You can use some vinegar to wash them to remove their smell and help in cooking. After that, you have to take a ready-made catfish seasoning powder and mix it well with the olive oil. Using olive oil is necessary as it assists in adherence to the seasoning over them.
Top Tips for a Successful First Time Try
Wash the fillets properly; the presence of any smell will ruin taste and fun.
Pairing it with different sauces such as creamy lemon sauce, mint sauce, red wine sauce, or Almond Romesco sauce will be a good choice.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Seasoned Catfish
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4(6-ounce) catfish fillets
- ¼ cup seasoned fish fry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the catfish fillets and seasoned fish fry. Toss to coat well.
- Then, drizzle each fillet evenly with oil.
- After preheating, arrange the fish fillets into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 13 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the fish fillets once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the fish fillets from Air Fryer and serve.