This air fryer spiced green beans recipe can be used as a low-carb, flavorful recipe to make the bland green beans appetizing. A combo of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil lend crunch and flavor to this side dish.
When you cook in an air fryer, you get the delightful crisp of fried food without the extra fat results from deep-frying! The same goes for green beans.
These Air-Fryer Spiced Green Beans are delicious! They are a low-carb vegan side dish seasoned with garlic, red pepper flakes, and tasty sauces.
Green Beans: What Are They & Where to Get Them?
As used in this delicious recipe, these green beans, sometimes known as “snake beans,” are significantly longer and less sweet and crunchy than conventional green beans.
Although they are more likely to be found in Asian markets, I made this recipe with regular green beans from my local Kroger.
You can use any method; just make sure you’re using fresh beans.
Can I Use Frozen Green Beans?
For this recipe, I recommend using fresh green beans if possible. You may also use frozen, but you’ll need to add a couple of minutes to the cooking time.
Sesame Oil: What is it & Why Should it be Used?
Sesame oil has a delicious nutty scent and flavor. Although I prefer toasted sesame oil, any would suffice.
This not only adds a little fat to help the air fryer work wonderfully, other than it also adds a burst of flavor. I recommend not using any other oil in place of this.
It is important not to overcrowd these green beans in the air fryer basket; if necessary, cook them in batches.
For the most incredible texture, serve immediately after cooking.
What Other Seasonings Can I Use?
Stir these green beans with balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic powder, and salt for more seasoning possibilities.
Try cumin powder and onion powder with red chili flakes if you like them to be spicier.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Spiced Green Beans
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces fresh green beans trimmed
- In a large-sized bowl, add all ingredients except for green beans and beat until well blended.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat well.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the green beans into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the green beans from Air Fryer and serve.