The perfect meatless side dish that’s full of flavor, proteins, and nutrients is here! The air fryer spicy tofu, made with avocado oil, is a healthy, tasteful side dish that goes best with rice or bread.
Best of all, it takes only 25 minutes to make spicy tofu in an air fryer.
Is the Air Fryer Tofu Healthy?
Fried tofu has a higher protein content and lowers saturated fat content than most meats. It is, however, abundant in calories and frequently fried in omega-6-rich vegetable oil. The healthiest type of fried tofu is air-fried tofu.
Is It Possible to Fry Tofu in An Air Fryer?
Making air fryer tofu is simple and produces the crispiest tofu in a short amount of time. Place the pressed and diced tofu in a medium mixing bowl add in the seasonings. Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 13 minutes, shake the basket every 5 minutes for the first 5 minutes.
How to Prepare an Air Fryer Spicy Tofu?
Prep the Tofu – To begin, take extra firm tofu, press, drain, cut them into 12” cubes, and place them in a big mixing basin.
Coat the Tofu – Drizzle the oil, spices, salt over the top and gently toss to mix. Add the corn starch and toss again to mix.
Air Fry the Tofu – Cook the tofu for 13 minutes at 390°F. After that, take it out of the air fryer and serve hot.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Spicy Tofu
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray The crispy coating on the tofu will start to soften as it soaks up the mixture, so it's best to serve it right away.
- 1 (14-ounces) block extra-firm tofu, pressed, drained and cut into ¾-inch cubes Instead of regular rice, serve this spicy tofu recipe over cauliflower rice to decrease the calorie count and carbs!
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil To ensure consistent cooking, chop your tofu into similar-sized chunks. Cutting them into ½-inch cubes is a good idea.
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add tofu, oil, cornstarch, spices, salt and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the tofu cubes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 13 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket twice.