Since I started eating healthy, I have discovered that I enjoy using an air fryer more than often to prepare my meals.
It not only saves my time, but it also makes bland food like Brussel sprouts delectable by giving it perfect crispy texture and flavor.
You must also try to cook Air Fryer Parmesan Brussel Sprouts!
You’ll enjoy this wonderful side dish recipe since it’s so simple to prepare and produces the crispiest brussels sprouts.
Why Aren’t My Brussel Sprouts Crisping Up?
Brussels sprouts that are dry and chewy are just as bad as sloppy steamed Brussels sprouts. This could be the result of using too little oil when roasting. Brussels doesn’t brown and softens without oil; instead, they dehydrate. It’s also conceivable that they require a longer baking time. We recommend using an air fryer to make your Brussel sprouts to ensure that they crisp up perfectly.
How Can You Cook Brussel Sprouts Without Making Them Gassy?
For Proper Digestion:
Before cooking, blanch Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes in boiling, salted water. This makes them more digestible. After blanching, you can even freeze them. This will ensure that their flavor and health advantages are preserved.
How to Store Leftover Brussel Sprouts?
Keep the sprouts in an airtight jar in the fridge for 3 to 4 days after they have cooled.
Are Brussel Sprouts Good for Our Health?
Brussels sprouts come from the cruciferous vegetable family, including broccoli and cabbage. With high levels of vitamin C, K, and other minerals, they are a super powerhouse food. They’re well recognized for their high levels of antioxidants. Antioxidants help minimize your risk of chronic disease by reducing oxidative stress in your cells.
What Goes Best with Brussel Sprouts?
8 Ingredients that Pairs Well with Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts:
- Fish Sauce
- Smoked Paprika
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Pomegranate Molasses
- Miso Paste
Air Fryer Parmesan Brussel SproutsOne of the flavorful side dishes of Brussel sprouts for holiday dinner meals…
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add Brussel sprouts, vinegar, oil, salt and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the Brussel sprouts into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- Alter 5 minutes of cooking, flip the Brussel sprouts and sprinkle with breadcrumbs, followed by Parmesan cheese.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the Brussel sprouts from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 97kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 7gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 165mgPotassium: 451mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 904IUVitamin C: 98mgCalcium: 123mgIron: 2mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂
More Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Golden Crispy Crowns
- Air Fryer Ling-Ling Potstickers