Looking to make a fish for dinner but don’t want to eat the salmon you have already eaten twice this week.
Then you are at the right place as this air fryer sweet and sour halibut recipe will assist you in making a new species of fish with highly delightful flavors.
It will take 22 minutes to get it cooked using your air fryer and some essential ingredients.
Halibut Steaks or Fillets, What Will Be the Better Option to Make This Cuisine?
People might think halibut steaks or fillets are the same. However, there is a lot of difference between them. Fillets are usually cut from the dark side of the halibut, along the lateral line. It is usually sliced from neck to tail. On the other hand, steaks are usually cut from the body of the halibut and are taken perpendicular to the backbone.
What are the Nutritional Benefits of Having This Sweet and Sour Halibut for Dinner?
Like other fish species, this too is rich in various nutrients. It delivers a lot of vitamin E to your body. The most important of all, it is a rich source of omega-three fatty acids. This is required for the development of the fetus and other pregnancy-related issues. Other than that, its taste is also good with a sweet flavor.
How to Season the Halibut for Making This Delicious Dinner?
First, you have to take a solid and large plastic bag. Take halibut steaks and add other ingredients such as salt, pepper, melted butter, honey, lime juice, Siracha, minced garlic and dill. Mix them well in the bag so that all the ingredients are coated evenly on the halibut steaks. After that, you have to keep it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour. This will help the flavors to penetrate deep inside.
More seafood Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet & Sour Halibut
- 4(5-ounce) halibut steaks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dll minced
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp Sriracha
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large-sized resealable bag, place all ingredients and seal the bag tightly.
- Shake the bag well to mix.
- Place the bag of halibut in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the halibut steaks from bag and shake off the excess marinade.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the halibut steaks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the halibut steaks from Air Fryer and serve.