Do you want to have toasted bagels for breakfast but don’t know how to make them perfect?
Well, fret not! Firstly, skip the toaster and plug your air fryer. The air fryer toasted bagels will leave you surprised. They will have the same taste as café-style toasted bagels.
How to Toast Bagels in An Air Fryer?
In the morning, when you crave toasted bagels, an air fryer comes to your rescue. Making toasted bagels in an air fryer is easy peasy. Just slice your bagel evenly in half and put the halves (side up) in a preheated air fryer for 5 minutes. For a detailed recipe, look below.
Can a Piece of Bread Be Toasted in an Air Fryer?
Toasting a piece of bread in an Air Fryer is very easy. You have to grab your favorite bread, slice it, and put the slices flat on the baking rack or in the basket. Now air fries those slices at 400 F for about 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I Defrost the Bagel in the Air Fryer?
Yes, defrosting is possible in an air fryer. After putting your bagels neatly in the air fryer, set your it at 370 F for five minutes to defrost. And if you want to reheat your bagel, you can always add extra time.
Which Spreads Can I Use on Toasted Bagels?
Cream cheese is most recommended. However, toasted bagels can also taste better with other spreads, such as
- Nutella and hazelnut pieces
- Cinnamon butter
- Jalapeno butter
- Garlic butter
- Strawberry preserves
- Mango chutney
Air Fryer Toasted Bagel
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray Cook the bagels for 2 minutes if you want them lightly toasted, 3 minutes if you want medium toasted, and at least 4 minutes for perfectly toasted.
- 1 bagel, cut in half If you are going to make mini bagels or regular bagels, the time to set will remain the same.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the bagel halves into the greased Air Fryer Basket, cut side up.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 3 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the bagel halves from Air Fryer and serve.
Most Breakfast Recipes