If you like oats as a healthy breakfast, try this Cinnamon Oatmeal in the Air Fryer.
The most foolproof, accessible, and hands-free way to prepare creamy oatmeal is to make rolled oats in an air fryer. You might never make oatmeal in the microwave or on the stovetop again!
We are proud of our revolutionary innovation of making creamy oats in an air fryer! The key was to use a proper amount of water and simmer oats.
What Kind of Oats Should I Use?
Only rolled oats / old fashioned should be used in this recipe. Steel-cut oats require more liquid and a longer cooking time, whereas quick oats get mushy.
What Pan Size Should I Use?
One cup of oats can be cooked in a 6-inch round baking pan. A smaller pan may overflow oats, but a larger pan may dry the oats instead of making them creamy.
How Long Does It Take to Cook?
Low and slow is the key to making perfect oats in an air fryer. It should be baked for 15 minutes at 300 degrees.
Is it Possible to Freeze Cooked Cinnamon Oatmeal?
In a regular baking pan (cake pan), you can easily store your air-fried cinnamon oatmeal (in addition to your favorite add-ins). Transfer to a sealed storage box or freezer bag and freeze for up to a month once totally frozen.
You can reheat it by simply thawing one portion in the fridge the night before and warming it up in the microwave with a splash of milk or water.
- Banana Nut: Toss the cooked oats with the diced banana, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Toss cooked oatmeal with cocoa powder, peanut butter, and maple syrup or honey.
- Maple and Brown Sugar: Combine brown sugar, roasted pecans, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- pinch salt
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease a 6-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In the prepared cake pan, place oats, water, almond milk and salt and stir to combine.
- After preheating, arrange the cake pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cake pan from Air Fryer and immediately stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside or about 5 minutes before serving.