Do you love the smell of freshly-baked cookies? Do you ever dream of creating delicious treats that your family and friends can enjoy on a sweet weekend afternoon? If so, then why not try making almond cookies? These nutty snacks are sure to tantalize everyone’s taste buds with their rich flavor. Plus, they’re surprisingly easy to whip up in just a few simple steps. Keep reading to discover all the secrets to perfecting your next batch of almond cookies!
What Are Almond Cookies Called?
Almond biscuits, or almond cookies, are a type of biscuit made with almonds. They are buttery, soft, and chewy cookies made with almond flour and almond extract and topped with toasted almond slices!
They are a popular biscuit in many cuisines and come in various shapes and sizes.
- Almond macaroons
- Spanish almendrados
- Turkish acıbadem kurabiyesi
These cookies are quick and straightforward to make and are ideal for gifting or serving on a holiday dessert platter!
Why Are My Cookies Flat?
This could be due to your butter being too warm. They will be flat if you use either too warm or too cold butter. Because butter is one of the main ingredients, the cookies will only turn out properly if it is at the proper temperature.
How to Make the Best Almond Cookies?
Tips to Make the Best Almond Cookies
- A combination of all-purpose flour and almond flour works wonderfully for more almond flavoring!
- Make use of room-temperature butter. This aids in ensuring that the butter is smooth and creamy throughout the dough.
- The dough should be chilled. Because we’re using room-temperature butter, you should chill the dough before baking. This ensures that the cookies retain their shape and do not spread too much.
- Before baking, shape the cookies by pressing them down into a disc-like shape about 12 inches thick after scooping the dough onto the baking sheet.
More Dessert Recipes
- 2 cups super fine almond flour
- ½ cup whey protein powder
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1 large egg (white and yolk separated)
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- 20 whole almonds
- In a large-sized bowl, add almond flour,protein powder, Swerve, baking powder, and gingerbread spice and mix well.
- In another bowl, add egg white, maple syrupand butter and whisk until blended thoroughly.
- Add butter mixture into the bowl of the flourmixture and mix until blended thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- Line 2 large-sized cookie sheets withparchment paper.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator andarrange between 2 wax paper sheets.
- With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll thedough into ⅛-inch thickness.
- With a cookie cutter, cut the cookies andarrange onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2-inch apart.
- In a bowl, add almond milk and egg yolk andwhisk slightly.
- Coat the top of each cookie with milkmixture.
- Place an almond in the center of each cookieand gently press it.
- Bake for approximately 9-10 minutes or untiltop of cookies becomes golden brown.
- Remove the cookie sheets from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Then invert the cookies onto the wire rack tocool completely before serving.
Leave a Reply