With so much to do and not enough time in the day, it’s no wonder why convenience snacks like granola bars have become such a staple snack. Not only are they a quick and easy way to get some energy before hitting the gym or powering through your next meeting, but they can also provide very important nutrients like protein and fiber to ensure your body is running optimally.
This blog post will explore what goes into making a good granola bar at home!
Is a Granola Bar Nutritious?
Granola bars are frequently marketed as a healthy snack, but many are loaded with added sugar, calories, and artificial ingredients. Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Harvest granola bars, for example, can contain up to 15 grams of sugar per serving, the majority of which is added sugar. Therefore, it is better to make it at home and enjoy the healthiest bar.
Is It Possible to Lose Weight by Eating Granola Bars?
Low-calorie granola bars are a good option for people who are trying to cut calories or lose weight. Make sure the one you choose is mostly made of whole ingredients and contains fiber and protein.
Is Granola Better for You Than Oats?
Which Is the Better Option for Breakfast? Both oatmeal and granola make for a healthy, nutritious breakfast, but we prefer granola because the added nuts, seeds, and dried fruits provide fiber and healthy fats that oatmeal cannot match.
Tips to Make Perfect Granola Bars
Don’t Rush the Chilling Process: Refrigerate the pan for at least one hour before slicing and eating the bars. They need to chill to be chewy and cohesive.
Place Them in The Refrigerator or Freezer: After cutting the bars, cover the pan and refrigerate it, or transfer the bars to an airtight container. They’ll keep in the fridge for up to a week, but you can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup granola
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp dried cherries
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF.
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking dish with a pieceof foil and then grease it with cooking spray.
- In a large-sized bowl, blend together theoats, granola, flour, nuts, raisins, cherries and cranberries.
- In another small-sized bowl, whisk togetherthe egg, brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon.
- Add the egg mixture into the bowl of granolamixture and mix until blended thoroughly.
- Place the bar mixture into the preparedbaking dish evenly and with the back of a spoon, smooth the top surface.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into desired-sized bars and serve.
Leave a Reply