Introducing the ultimate comfort food – Beef with Broccoli! This classic Chinese-American dish is a delicious and hearty meal that’s perfect for any day of the week. The tender beef strips and crunchy broccoli florets are coated in a savory sauce that’s both sweet and savory, making it a crowd-pleaser for any dinner table. Are you ready to give this recipe a try?
- What Cut Of Beef Should I Use For This Recipe?
- Can I Use Frozen Broccoli Instead Of Fresh?
- Can I Make This Dish Spicy?
- Can I Use Chicken Instead Of Beef?
- Can I Make This Recipe In Advance?
- What Is The Best Way To Serve Beef With Broccoli?
- How Do I Slice The Beef Thinly?
- Can I Add Other Vegetables To The Dish?
- How Do I Prevent The Broccoli From Becoming Mushy?
- More Dinner Recipes
- Beef with Broccoli
What Cut Of Beef Should I Use For This Recipe?
Sirloin steak or flank steak are the best cuts of beef for Beef with Broccoli as they are both tender and flavorful.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli Instead Of Fresh?
Yes, frozen broccoli can be used in this recipe, but make sure to thaw it before cooking.
Can I Make This Dish Spicy?
Absolutely! You can add red pepper flakes or even sriracha sauce to the sauce mixture to give it some heat.
Can I Use Chicken Instead Of Beef?
Yes, you can use chicken instead of beef to make this dish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I Make This Recipe In Advance?
Yes, you can make this recipe in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What Is The Best Way To Serve Beef With Broccoli?
Beef with Broccoli is best served over a bed of rice or noodles. Garnish with some sesame seeds or chopped green onions for added flavor and color.
How Do I Slice The Beef Thinly?
Freeze the beef for 15-20 minutes before slicing it against the grain with a sharp knife.
Can I Add Other Vegetables To The Dish?
Sure! Snow peas, bell peppers, and mushrooms are great options.
How Do I Prevent The Broccoli From Becoming Mushy?
Only cook the broccoli for 1-2 minutes so that it stays crisp-tender.#
More Dinner Recipes
Beef with Broccoli
- 1 pound sirloin steak trimmed and cut into thin strips
- Freshly ground black pepper as required
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded and chopped finely
- 2½ cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Season the steak slices with black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook the steak slices for about 6-8 minutes or until browned from all sides.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the steak slices onto a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic and Serrano pepper for about 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cooked steak slices, soy sauce and lime juice and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply