Have you ever tasted something so addictive that it was impossible to put down? Well, look no further than brown rice pudding. This delectable dessert is the perfect combination of creamy sweetness and crunchy texture that will tantalize your taste buds in all the right ways.
Whether you’re hosting a get-together or just looking for an indulgent treat, this cozy classic has got you covered. With its simple list of ingredients and even simpler assembly process, brown rice pudding is one sweet and savory dish worthy of any chef’s repertoire!
Is Rice Pudding Good for Losing Weight?
Rice pudding made with skim milk and low-fat ingredients can be a healthy weight-loss option. However, if it contains whole milk and high-fat ingredients, it may not be as effective for weight loss.
What Flavors Can I Add to Brown Rice?
There are a variety of seasonings and add-ins that can be used to elevate brown rice. We like garlic powder or garlic salt, salsa, bouillon cubes, and even eggs and vegetables. Brown rice would taste fantastic with any of these options.
Variations on the Recipe:
The Slow Cooker: Cook the rice, then add the remaining ingredients to a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook for 4 hours on LOW, occasionally stirring, until thick.
Vegan Brown Rice Pudding: Substitute soy or almond milk for the milk, and use coconut milk instead of evaporated milk.
Sugar Substitute: Substitute honey or maple syrup for sugar. To add flavor, substitute 3 tablespoons maple syrup or 3 tablespoons honey for the sugar.
Adding More Flavor: To add fruit flavor and variety to chilled pudding, mix in chopped fresh fruits such as bananas, apples, and strawberries. Moreover, for a richer flavor, try adding roasted almonds or cashews.
More Dessert Recipes
Brown Rice Pudding
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup low fat milk divided
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 small egg beaten
- ¼ cup raisin
- ½ tbsp butter
- ¼ tso vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small-sized Dutch oven, add water andrice over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer,covered for about 45 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup of milk, sugar and salt and stir tocombine.
- Now adjust the heat to medium and cook forabout 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining milk, beaten egg, andraisins and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan of pudding from heat and stirin butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Serve warm.