Nothing says autumn like a sweet treat! As temperatures start to drop, celebrate the season with these tasty candy corn cupcakes that are sure to make your taste buds tingle.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just want an extra special snack around the house, these homemade cupcakes are guaranteed to be full of flavor and perfect for the season’s arrival. Not only will they make your home smell amazing while baking, but they look so pretty and festive too! So let’s get started crafting this delectable fall treat together!
How Do Candy Corn Cupcakes Taste Like?
The Candy Corn is a wonderful blend of creamy fondant, chocolate, and warm vanilla notes. When these flavors are combined, they produce the distinct Candy Corn Cupcake flavor.
What to Look for in the Ingredients While Making Candy corn Cupcakes?
Flour – These cupcakes have a great texture and use regular all-purpose flour. Just make sure to accurately measure the flour by spooning and leveling it!
Vanilla extract – For the best flavor, use high-quality pure vanilla extract (not imitation). Homemade Vanilla Extract has a rich vanilla flavor if you have the time.
Marshmallow frosting – The smooth, airy homemade marshmallow frosting makes candy corn cupcakes a delight. Next, find out how to make a Marshmallow Frosting.
How to Create a Marshmallow Frosting for Candy Corn Cupcakes?
Making Marshmallow Frosting
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add marshmallow crème and beat for 2 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add the whipped topping and mix well.
Use immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. Allow to come to room temperature for 30 minutes if refrigerated, then beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
More Dessert Recipes
Candy Corn Cupcakes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetned cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3⅔ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- for decoration candy corn
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- Line astandard-sized 12 cups muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- For cupcakes: in a large-sized bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder,baking powder, and salt.
- In another large-sized bowl, add sugar and butter and with an electricmixer, whisk until fluffy and light.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beat onlow speed until just blended.
- Place mixtureinto the prepared muffin cups.
- Transfer themuffin tin into the oven and bake for approximately 21-25 minutes or until awooden skewer inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove themuffin tin from oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool for at least 5minutes.
- Then invert thecupcakes onto wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- For icing: in a bowl, add butter and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add milk and stir to blend.
- Spread icing over each cupcake evenly.
- Decorate each cupcake with candy corn and sprinkles and serve.
Leave a Reply