Are you searching for a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for when cherries are in season? Then must try this cherry galette recipe! This cherry galette is a wonderful addition to your dessert menu and is packed with the flavors of sweet cherries. The combination of cherries, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, and salt creates a delicious filling that is both sweet and tangy.
With a prep time of only 15 minutes and a cook time of 50 minutes, this cherry galette is quick and easy to make and perfect for any occasion. This delicious and rustic French pastry is not only a crowd-pleaser, but it is also a good source of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins.
- How much cherry galette can you make by this method?
- Can I use frozen cherries in this recipe?
- Can I make the galette a day before the event?
- What are some nutritional and health benefits of this recipe?
- Can I add any other ingredients to this recipe?
- How to serve this cherry galette?
- More Dessert Recipes
- Cherry Galette
How much cherry galette can you make by this method?
This recipe makes six servings of cherry galette.
Can I use frozen cherries in this recipe?
Fresh cherries are recommended for the best taste and texture, but you can use frozen cherries if they are thawed before use.
Can I make the galette a day before the event?
Yes, you can make the galette before the event and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
What are some nutritional and health benefits of this recipe?
Cherries are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. They also contain antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of certain chronic diseases.
Can I add any other ingredients to this recipe?
You can add some chopped nuts like almonds or hazelnuts to the filling for extra crunch and flavor.
How to serve this cherry galette?
This cherry galette is best served warm and can be topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for added creaminess and sweetness.
More Dessert Recipes
- 4 cups sweet cherries stemmed,pitted and halved
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (divided) plus 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1(12-imch) round chilled pie dough
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add the cherries, ⅓ cup of brown sugar, flour, lemon juice and saltand mix well.
- With a potato masher, mash the mixture a few times. Set aside.
- For egg wash: in a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
- Arrange the chilled dough round ontothe prepared baking sheet.
- Place the cherry mixture onto center of dough, leaving a 2-inch border around theedges.
- Carefully fold the edgesof dough over filling.
- Brush the dough with egg wash.
- Then sprinkle the top of the galettewith remaining brown sugar.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and place the galette onto a wire rack to coolslightly before serving.