Looking for a simple yet flavorful way to prepare chicken? Look no further than this chicken with olives and tomatoes recipe. Chicken with olives and tomatoes is a classic Mediterranean dish that is both flavorful and healthy. With the perfect blend of savory and tangy flavors, this dish is sure to become a family favorite.
Bursting with juicy tomato flavor and tangy olive goodness, this dish is a great addition to any weeknight meal rotation. Whether you’re cooking for a family or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to impress. Plus, it’s easy to make and requires only a handful of ingredients. So, grab your skillet and let’s get cooking!
What Type of Chicken Should I Use for This Dish?
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best choice for this dish. They cook quickly and evenly, and their mild flavor pairs well with the bold flavors of the olives and tomatoes.
What Type of Olives Should I Use?
Kalamata olives are a popular choice for this dish, as they have a slightly tangy and salty flavor that pairs well with sweet and acidic tomatoes. However, you can use any type of pitted olive that you like.
Can I Use Canned Tomatoes Instead of Fresh Tomatoes?
Yes, you can use canned tomatoes, but fresh tomatoes will give the dish a brighter and fresher flavor. If you use canned tomatoes, be sure to drain the excess liquid before adding them to the dish.
How Long Should I Cook the Chicken?
Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. Generally, chicken breasts should be cooked for 6-8 minutes per side over medium-high heat until cooked through.
Can I Add Other Ingredients to This Dish?
You can add other ingredients to this dish to customize it to your liking. Some popular additions include garlic, onions, capers, and artichoke hearts.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken with Olives & Tomatoes
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- ½ cup olive oil plus 1 tbsp (divided)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped finely
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced
- ⅓ cups Kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- With a knife, make small diagonal cuts on the top of each chicken breast.
- Ina bowl, add ½ cup of the oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic and mix well.
- Transfer about ¼ cup of the oil mixture in another bowl and reserve it.
- In a Ziploc bag, add the chicken breasts and remaining oil mixture.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat well.
- Refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and place the chicken aside until it comes to roomtemperature.
- In the bowl of the reserved marinade, add the tomatoes, olives and feta cheese andgently, stir to combine.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat about the remaining oil over medium-highheat and cook the chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Stir in the tomato mixture salt and black pepper and cook for about 3-5 minutes,stirring occasionally
Leave a Reply