Chicken with rice and veggies is a healthy and satisfying meal that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a meal prep option. This dish is made with tender chicken breast, fluffy rice, and a colorful assortment of fresh veggies, making it a well-rounded and nutritious meal. It’s also easy to customize with your favorite veggies and spices, making it a versatile dish that you can enjoy again and again.
In this blog post, we’ll explore how to make chicken with rice and veggies, and some tips for getting the perfect taste. So, whether you’re trying to eat healthier or simply looking for a delicious and easy meal, read on to discover all about chicken with rice and veggies.
Can I Use Different Types of Rice for This Dish?
You can use any type of rice that you prefer for this dish. Some popular options include white rice, brown rice, jasmine rice, or basmati rice.
What Should I Serve with Chicken with Rice & Veggies?
Some side dishes that pair well with chicken with rice & veggies include a pineapple salad, garlic bread, or roasted potatoes.
How to Make aVegetarian Version of Chicken with Rice & Veggies?
You can make a vegetarian version of chicken with rice & veggies by omitting the chicken and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add tofu or tempeh for added protein.
Expert Tips for Making Delectable Chicken with Rice & Veggies
- The broth is an important component of this dish, so use a flavorful broth that adds depth to the dish.
- Be sure to cook the chicken until it’s cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Overcooked chicken will be tough and dry, while undercooked chicken can be dangerous to eat.
- Be careful not to overcook the vegetables, as they can become mushy and lose their nutritional value. Sauté them until they’re tender but still slightly crisp.
- Use a variety of vegetables to add color and flavor to the dish. Popular options include carrots, peas, bell peppers, and green beans.
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken with Rice & Veggies
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 large carrot peeled and slicedd thinly
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1(14-ounces) can chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1½ cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt thebutter over medium-high heat and sauté the chicken, carrot, onion and garlicfor about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add broth, lemon juice, cornstarchand salt and beat until smooth.
- In the skillet, slowly stir the broth mixture and bringto a boil.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the peas and again bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and set aside, covered for about 5minutes before serving.