Have you ever tried making something new in the kitchen? There’s nothing quite like a fresh and delicious homemade dish, especially when it’s one of your own creations! Today I’m going to share my recipe for chicken wontons – they always get rave reviews from my friends and family.
It’s an easy-to-make Chinese dumpling dish filled with juicy chicken and plenty of flavor. These tasty morsels may look intimidating at first, but once you give them a try you’ll be hooked.
What Kind of Wrapper Should I Use for Chicken Wontons?
Chicken Wontons are typically made with wonton wrappers, which can be found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. You can also make your own wrappers at home using flour and water.
How Do I Fold the Wontons?
There are many ways to fold wontons, but a common method is to place a small amount of filling in the center of the wrapper, moisten the edges with water, and then fold the wrapper in half diagonally to form a triangle. Then, bring the two opposite corners of the triangle together and seal them with water.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Wontons:
- Use Ground Chicken with A Higher Fat Content. Chicken with higher fat content will produce a juicier filling and prevent the wontons from becoming too dry.
- Chill the Filling Before Assembling the Wontons. Chilling the filling for at least 30 minutes will help it hold together better and make it easier to work with.
- Don’t Overfill the Wontons. Overfilling the wontons can cause them to break open during cooking. Use a small spoon to portion out the filling and avoid adding too much.
- Seal the Edges Tightly. Make sure to moisten the edges of the wrapper with water and press them together firmly to prevent the filling from leaking out during cooking.
- Try Different Folding Techniques. There are many ways to fold wontons, so try a few techniques to find one that works best for you.
- Cook the Wontons in Batches. To avoid overcrowding the pot or steamer, cook the wontons in batches and give them enough space to cook evenly.
More Poultry Recipes
Air Fryer Sweet & Sour Chicken Kabobs
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup wing sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 2-3 cups vegetable oil
- In a bowl, add the chicken, cheddar cheese and hot sauce and mix well.
- In 2 separate shallow dishes, place eggs and breadcrumbs respectively.
- Arrange1 wonton wrapper onto a smoothsurface.
- Place about 1 heaping teaspoon of chickenmixture in the center of the wonton.
- With wet fingers, moisten the edge of thewonton wrapper lightly.
- Fold 1corner diagonally across to the other corner to create a triangle.
- Press the seam lightly to seal the filling.
- Brush the wonton with egg white lightly andthen coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers andfilling.
- In a deep pan, heat the oil over medium heat and fry the wontons in 4 batches forabout 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer wontons onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply