Nothing beats the decadent, velvety smoothness of a homemade chocolate cream pie. Its creamy, chocolaty goodness tantalizes your taste buds until you reach that final scrumptious bite. If you want to make a delicious dessert for any occasion or treat yourself and your family to something special, this easy-to-make chocolate cream pie is ideal!
With layers of melt-in-your-mouth richness and crunchiness from the crust and topping, it will be sure to impress everyone at the table. Let us show you how to make this classic sweet treat without breaking a sweat!
What Ingredients Go into A Chocolate Cream Pie?
A Classic Chocolate Cream Pie is the stuff that sweet dreams are made of! Homemade dark chocolate pudding is tucked inside a sweet pie pastry and topped with silky whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Why You Should Make Chocolate Cream Pie at Home?
- It’s FLAWLESS IN ITS MAKING. Unlike many pudding pies you’ve tried before, this Chocolate Cream Pie will hold together perfectly. When you remove the first pie slice, you won’t have to worry about the pudding layer running all over the pan.
- And the FLAVOR IS PERFECT. It’s smooth and creamy, with an overpoweringly rich chocolate flavor. If you add the Oreo crust, you’ve got yourself a real winner!
- Lastly, it is EASY TO MAKE. It’s an added bonus that this pie is extremely simple to make!
Can You Make Chocolate Cream Pie Ahead of Time?
Make Ahead, Store, And Freeze:
This pie can be made 1-2 days ahead of time. Refrigerate it gently wrapped in plastic wrap.
The pie can be frozen for up to 3 months (though we think the taste and texture are less appealing after freezing). Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup whippinh cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp espresso powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp organic vanilla extract
- ½ ounce dark chocolate shaving
- For crust: lightly grease a 9-inchtart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place the crust the mixtureinto the prepared tart pan and with your hands, press the mixture in the bottomand up sides.
- Refrigerate until using.
- For filling: in a small pan, add almond milk, cream and butter and bringto a boil.
- Immediately, remove from heat.
- In a blender, add sugar, chocolate,cacao powder and espresso powder and pulse until well combined.
- Add cream mixture and pulse until smooth.
- Add eggs and pulse until smooth.
- Place the filling mixture over crust evenly and refrigerate for about 2hours.
- Gently and carefully, press the tart pan from the bottom to remove thesides.
- Transfer the pie onto a platter.
- For topping: in a bowl, add whipping cream, Erythritol and vanilla extract andbeat stiff peaks form.
- Spread the cream mixture over filling evenly and garnish with chocolateshaving.
- Refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes before serving.