Looking for a refreshing (and delicious!) way to beat the summer heat? Why not try making your own chocolate popsicles? Perfect for cooling down on hot days, these homemade treats combine the classic flavor of chocolate with a frozen twist that’s sure to be loved by all. Whether you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth or need a tasty snack during sun-soaked afternoons, chocolate popsicles are an easy, crowd-pleasing favorite that’ll be ready in no time at all. Keep reading to find out how you can whip up your very own batch!
How to Soften Homemade Popsicles?
Popsicles are simple to make at home, and adjusting their hardness is a breeze. If the water content of the pop is too high, it becomes extremely hard, similar to ice cubes. Sugar and alcohol both help to prevent this. They soften the pop by lowering the freezing point of the solution.
How Do You Get Popsicles Out of Molds?
Run warm water through the popsicle mold. However, only do this for a few seconds, or the popsicle mixture will melt.This should make removing the popsicle from the mold easier.Just don’t use hot water because it will quickly melt the popsicles and cause a huge mess.
How Long Will Homemade Popsicles Keep?
- The Popsicles can be frozen for up to three months. You can either leave them in the molds or remove them.
- Remove from the molds and store in an airtight freezer container or bag. If you have children, this is made easier because they can simply enjoy one when they are ready.
- Otherwise, you’ll have to remove the mold every time. I used to leave homemade popsicles in their molds when I first started making them.
- With kids, I quickly discovered that it is easier to remove them all and place them in a bag or container.
More Dessert Recipes
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana peeld
- 1 avocado peeled,pitted and chopped roughly
- In a saucepan, blend together all ingredients except for thebanana and avocado.
- Place the saucepan of mixture over low heat and cook forabout 5 minutes or until chocolate chips are melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan of chocolate mixture from heat andset aside.
- Place the banana and avocado in a blender and pulse untilsmooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture and pulse until a pudding-likemixture is formed.
- Divide the mixture into ice pop molds evenly.
- Inset 1 popsicle stick in each mold and freeze for about3 hours or until firm before serving.