If you love cranberries and bars, you’re in for a treat. Cranberry bars have the ideal balance of tart and sweetness, crunchiness and creaminess. Whether for a breakfast treat or an afternoon snack, cranberry bars will leave your taste buds wanting more. Cranberry bars are an easy-to-make treat that is both delicious and nutritious! Not only do they taste great, but they also contain healthy ingredients like oats that can provide essential vitamins and minerals. Plus, because they don’t have added refined sugars or artificial ingredients, they can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet. So if you want something tasty and good, look no further than cranberry bars. Here are some frequently asked questions about cranberry bars to give you all the details you require about these delectable snacks.
What Are Cranberry Bars?
Cranberry bars are a type of bakery product made with sweetened dried cranberries. They usually consist of a crumbly oat crust topped with a layer of sweetened, dried cranberries and sometimes other fruits like blueberries or raspberries. The top layer is made with butter, sugar, flour, and oats, then baked until golden brown.
Are Cranberry Bars Healthy?
Yes! While they may be sweeter, they contain healthy ingredients like oats with essential vitamins and minerals. And since most recipes call for natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, these treats don’t have added refined sugars or artificial ingredients. Plus, since cranberries are packed with antioxidants, eating them can help boost your overall health and wellness.
How Do I Store Cranberry Bars?
It’s best to store your cranberry bars in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to three days. For longer storage times, you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze them for several months. Just wrap them tightly, so they don’t dry out before eating.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup mlted hot butter
- 1½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ tsp vanilla exract
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate chopped roughly
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest grated
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate melted
- ½ cup dried cranberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- For bars: in a bowl, add flour, bakingpowder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add hot melted butter andbrown sugar and mix well.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- After cooling, add eggs, 1 at a time, beatingwell after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until justcombined.
- Fold in cranberries and chocolate.
- Place the mixture into the prepared bakingdish and with the back of a spoon, smooth the top surface.
- Bake for about 18-21 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, add cream cheese,confectioners' sugar and orange zest and beat until smooth.
- Add half of white chocolate and beat untilwell combined.
- Spread the frosting over cooled bars andsprinkle with cranberries.
- Drizzle with remaining melted chocolate.
- Cut into triangles and serve.