Cranberry & Pumpkin Upside-Down Cake is a delicious and unique dessert you can make for any occasion. This cake combines the sweetness of cranberries and pumpkin with the nutty flavor of pecans for a truly unforgettable treat.
Cranberry & Pumpkin Upside-Down Cake is an impressive yet easy-to-make dessert that everyone will love. Whether you’re looking for something special to bring to a party or want to whip up something sweet at home, this cake is sure to please.
Keep these FAQs and this recipe in mind while preparing your version of this delicious treat—we know you won’t be disappointed! Happy baking!
What Type Of Pan Should I Use To Bake This Cake?
We recommend using a 9-inch cake pan, as this size will ensure that your cake cooks evenly and is not too shallow or deep. You can also use an 8-inch baking pan if you prefer a thicker, taller cake. Just be sure to modify the cooking time as necessary.
Can I Substitute Ingredients In The Recipe?
Yes! Feel free to experiment with different ingredients depending on what you have available in your kitchen. For example, you could swap out the pecans for almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts for a slightly different flavor profile.
How Long Does It Take To Make This Cake?
This Cranberry & Pumpkin Upside-Down Cake takes approximately 35 minutes to prepare and bake. Let the cake cool completely before serving, so it holds its shape when flipped over onto a plate or platter. The perfect slice of upside-down cake is worth the wait.
Just before serving, decorate with the whipped cream. Also, you can garnish it with chocolate shavings, cranberries, or mint.
More Dessert Recipes
Cranberry & Pumpkin Upside-Down Cake
- 2 cups freash cranberries Use perfect ratio of ingredients.
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon zest grated very finely
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- For sauce: in a medium saucepan, add all ingredients over medium heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes or untilcranberries just start to pop, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and place the cranberrysauce into the prepared cake pan.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the flour,baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, add eggs, pumpkin puree,maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add egg mixture into the bowl of flourmixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Place the cake mixture over cranberry sauceevenly.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or untila toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake pan from oven and place overa wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the cake over a servingplatter and set aside to cool completely before serving.
- Cut the cake into desired-sized slices andserve.