Have you ever wondered what it would be like to savor the tangy sweetness of a traditional cheesecake without all the guilt? With Greek yogurt cheesecake, you can experience that same decadent flavor while also taking in added health benefits. This delicious and nutritious alternative to traditional cheesecake is sure to become your new favorite dessert option – packed with creamy goodness and bursting with flavor.
Is Greek YogurtBetter Than Cream Cheese?
Greek yogurt is an excellent substitute for cream cheese. It also adds a healthy twist to your favorite dishes because it is high in protein, calcium, and vitamin B12. To make dips, spreads, frostings, and baked goods, replace cream cheese with an equal amount of Greek yogurt.
How to Choose the Perfect Ingredients for This Recipe?
Graham Crackers: Use gluten-free graham crackers to make this gluten-free. If you want to avoid grains, use crunchy cookies (i.e. Simple Mills).
Cream Cheese: You can use low fat or regular cream cheese.
Plain Greek Yogurt: Go for 2% fat for a richer flavor, but 0% works just as well.
Granulated Sugar:Use less than what you add to the original cheesecake. If you want a more keto cheesecake recipe, try a stevia 1:1 blend.
Vanilla Extract: Add lemon juice besides vanilla extract for flavor and tangy taste.
What is the key to Make Perfect Greek Yogurt Cheesecake?
- The Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and eggs must all be at room temperature before combining. Otherwise, you’ll get a lumpy mess, which isn’t good.
- Use a stand mixer. A stand mixer is ideal because it is consistent and does not tire your arm.
- To make the crumbs, pulse the graham crackers in a food processor for 30-45 seconds or until they are finely ground.
- Before starting the recipe, check that your cream cheese is softened. Starting with softened cream cheese ensures a creamy, clump-free filling!
More Dessert Recipes
Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2(8-ounce) blocks cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extarct
- 2 tsp fresh lemn juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Forcrust: in a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar andstir until well combined.
- Place the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and with your hands, press the mixture in the bottom and up sides.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan of crust from oven and set aside to cool.
- Now set the temperature of oven to 325 °F.
- For filling: attach a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- In the bowl of mixer, add cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Add in sugar, yogurt, vanilla extract and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix on medium-low speed until just blended.
- With a large piece of foil, wrap the outer bottom of pan with crusttightly.
- In a roasting pan, place about 1-inch hot water.
- Place the filling mixture over the crust evenly.
- Place the pan of cheesecake into the roasting pan.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes or until center of filling is just set.
- Turn off the oven and immediately prop theoven door open.
- Let the cheesecake stay in the oven for about1 hour.
- Remove the spring form pan from oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Now,refrigerate for about 8 hours before serving.