There’s something undeniably special about a homemade honey cake: the sweet and earthy taste of this classic dessert always leaves you wanting more. It may take time to prepare, but it’s well worth the effort when you finally enjoy a slice! Whether it’s served with tea or enjoyed as an afternoon snack, there are plenty of reasons why honey cake has been a beloved treat for centuries.
Learn how simple it is to make this classic recipe today!
Can I Make Honey Cake in Advance?
Yes! It’s best to make the honey cake at least one day in advance so the flavors can fully develop before serving. If you want to make your honey cake even further ahead, wrap it tightly and freeze it for up to three weeks. Just remember to thaw the cake overnight before serving!
What Makes a Honey Cake Unique?
A honey cake is a type of cake that uses honey as its primary sweetener. Unlike many other cakes made with refined sugar, honey gives the cake a unique flavor and texture. It makes it perfect for occasions where you want something special and unique – like birthdays, holidays, and more!
How Do I Store Leftovers?
Store any leftover slices in an airtight container for up to four days at room temperature after completely cooling. Alternatively, you can refrigerate them for up to five days or freeze them for up to two months. To defrost frozen slices of honey cake, wrap them in plastic wrap and leave them at room temperature until they reach their original texture again. Enjoy!
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F.
- Grease a 7-inch round springform cake pan withcooking spray and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add honey and eggs and with anelectric mixer, beat on highest speed for about 10 minutes.
- Add half of the flour and with a spatula, stir toblend.
- Add the remaining flour and gently stir toblend.
- Place the mixture into the prepared cake panevenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from oven and place ontoa wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then invert the cake onto the wire rack tocool completely.
- Cut the cake into desired-sized slices and serve.